Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Letcher Central have a shot to win 5a?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I apologize in regards to the Bengals players. It is poor secondhand info. However the Highlands program is not a squeaky clean program and didnt they have to forfeit games a few years ago(Bell County) although they were allowed to keep their state title due to playing an ineligible player. There may be more to this. If Highlands was squeaky clean in regards to this player, let me know.

I think what it all boiled down to was the courts saying he could play early in the season, then the night before the 3A championship game, the KHSAA saying that he couldn't. Mueller played him through much of the season in good faith in compliance with the court order. At one point I heard that there was some thought given to petitioning to have the stripped games restored to the actual outcomes, but I know there was also a "let sleeping dogs lie" school of thought to keep the KHSAA from having another snit.
Messages In This Thread
Does Letcher Central have a shot to win 5a? - by Can you dig it? - 07-13-2009, 01:08 AM