Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central may have the best group of talent in the state of ky next season, their o- line isnt exactly dominate, so they may not the best total offense, but as far as skill kids, no one can match what they have.

QB Chris King
RB Ace Wales
ATH Diaz Bolden
WR Stephon Robinson
TE Tim Patterson
WR Rico Allen

King is fast, quick and shifty. He really impressed me with his running ability out of the qb spot last year (so did the other kid that sometimes played qb). King was a decent passer last year. Hopefully he has worked hard to improve his passing, as that will make him even more dangerous at the qb spot. Accurate passers that can also run the ball are a defensive coordinator's nightmare because the ability to run forces the down linemen to not be able to pin their ears back in passing situations and forces the linebackers to not drop so deep (which of course opens up the middle passing lanes).

Plus with Robison's speed, if King can develop more consistency with the long pass, they will be really able to stretch the field and spread out the defense. That will really put pressure on the defense. We all know about Patterson, although I don't recall him being much of a factor at the TE spot in the 4 games I watched them last year. I agree with you about Central's O line (or at least of what I saw last year). They were big (one of them was blooming HUGE) but they looked very slow and immobile. If they are going to be able to give King the time to throw the ball deep to Robison, they are really going to have to really improve their footspeed to better pass block. If the O line develops and if they can replace Cobble and Wilson (who I thought was a much better lber than Patterson last year) on D, the Yellow Jackets should be very, very good again this year. I wish they were still on Highlands schedule as I liked matching up with their athletes.
Messages In This Thread
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse? - by UCFB - 05-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse? - by UCFB - 05-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse? - by UCFB - 05-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse? - by charlie22 - 05-21-2009, 11:49 AM