Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR - Cats will open the NIT with Davidson on Tuesday
TATE_64 Wrote:There are times when we simply don't match up to play man to man (ex. S. Carolina) regardless if they are on a D1 team or not... The coach needs to quit being stubborn and switch it up and play some zone..( Tenn. switched to a zone against Downey and held him to 1 point in the second half of their game) If BCG had switched it up a few times this year, we would be in our 18th straight trip to the NCAA tourney instead of starting over at 1....

I agree that he needs to switch up the D to a zone every not and then but still I do not think that would have won very many more ball games for Kentucky. Its still the same concept I was talking about maybe in another thread. Kentucky did not do a good job this season of recovering on kick outs, swing passes or skip passes. They at times looked laxadesical(sp) which would have been the same IMO in a zone. Its all opinion however, fact is they struggled this season and cant get much worse then they were. Its yet again just as much the players fault as it is the coach. Believe it or not the coach does not play the game. He can only give the tools to win the game. Shooting the way Kentucky did this season and turning the ball over as much they did how can you blame the coach for that. THAT is why they lost most of their games not the defense.
Messages In This Thread
RUMOR - Cats will open the NIT with Davidson on Tuesday - by 15thRegionSlamaBamma - 03-15-2009, 02:59 AM