Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The only players lost from last season were Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley. Those were the two senior leaders and the heart and soul of the team in 2007-2008. Maybe we did need a senior leader this year?

This season Kentucky returned an improved Patrick Patterson. They got back Perry Stevenson, Michael Porter, and Ramon Harris. The most significant of all was an injury-free Jodie Meeks who shattered records this season for the Wildcats. Kentucky got freshman Darius Miller and JUCO guard Kevin Galloway and center Josh Harrellson. I agree that Liggins wasn't even close to what he was cracked up to be but I still believe this season's team was more talented than last seasons team.

The point is Kentucky didn't have any senior players with any kind of experience and the coach (Billy Gillispie) has to win with what he has, which was a slightly better team IMO.

:Thumbs: I will just agree to disagree. IMO, this team was far less talented than last year. Even Jodie Meeks could not create his own shot the way Crawford could. We have burned BGR up all year long with our disgust of not having a Point Guard, which we had a Very good one last year. PP is more imporved, and he played it. We also had Stevenson, Harris and Porter, who most on here have argued should have never ever been on a UK roster in the first place. So you can spray cologne on doo-doo, but it's still doo-doo. It's not going to get any better with time....
Messages In This Thread
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet? - by Stardust - 03-14-2009, 04:58 PM