Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
MVP2 Wrote:I got one question for you. I know most UK fans dont think they NIT is acceptable but look at it this week its gettin Miller, Liggins, and even Patterson post season experience.I would have much rather been in the NCAA than the NIT but thats just the year we've had. I think the NIT is good for this years team to get that experience and it give us more game or games to watch the Cats. Now for the question if UK wins 2 or 3 games in the NIT or maybe even wins the whole thing would you still say this season was worse than last season? If we won would have over 25 wins and an NIT championship or last years 1st round exit of the NCAA?

No, the NIT is not acceptable this season IMO. Why you ask?

Kentucky made the NCAA Tournament last season and finished the season with a 12-4 regular season conference record. This season, with more talent and an improved Patrick Patterson, the Wildcats finish the season with an NIT appearance and an 8-8 regular season record in conference play. Would you argue that Kentucky had more talent this season or last season?

IMO, this season should have been another stepping stone from last season. Last season, Gillispie done a pretty swell job I thought. This season, not so much. I would rather have a first-round loss in the "Big Dance" than winning the NIT championship.

I agree with you that it will get the players some post season experience, that is very much needed. But, that is not the point. The point is that Kentucky did not improve from last season even when they had more talent. I think the blame here goes to the coach.
Messages In This Thread
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet? - by outdoorsman43 - 03-14-2009, 04:37 PM