Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Good points. BCG did bring us more talent to this year's team, but somehow we had a slightly worse season than last. How do you explain that?

You all know my take on that.

I would say that the talent that came in was very good, but every newcomer came in the "significant upside" attached to their label. Blue Chippers we did not have. Liggins came in with the kind of potential that was considered "NBA Can't Miss". We all saw that he is far from being NBA ready. It would be so easy to blame the lack of development on the coach. When is it the players responsibility to get better. Looks to me that BCG did make adjustments. When players played poorly, he sat them. If we were winning, people would be applauding him for sitting guys who played poorly. Yet, when guys perform poorly, they sit, then we question why they don't play anymore. Too easy to throw the coaching staff under the bus, when you have never coached the game, not understand the balance between player and coach. Like I have resolved myself to. Let BCG go, get rid of him, fire him, whatever it is that everyone wants. Then let's sit back and go through someone elses 2-3 year rebuilding program.
Messages In This Thread
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet? - by Stardust - 03-14-2009, 04:32 PM