Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
memphistiger Wrote:okay. so. he is not the man for the job but he got 20 wins with this team? he was lucky to get 15. here is my arguement, if they would have got into the tourney, and won 20+ games then you would have nothing but good things to say, even if he done the same things on and off the court. your only saying all of this because they didnt equal what the fans wanted him to do. he coulda won the national title and you people would kiss his feet. but since he hasnt then he is just a terrible coach, and shouldnt be there. uk could have roy williams,bill self,jim calhoun, any great coach on the sidelines with this team and they couldnt do that much better. the coach can only do so much. he cant make other people score, he cant make everyone hit free throws, he cant make porter be the best guard in the nation. i think bcg got just about all he could get out of this team. and maybe the reason patterson and meeks are coming back is because they know they will have some better players alongside them and think they can have a better season. surely they wouldnt stay if they thought they would be NIT bound again next year. and dont think im not a UK fan. i like uk, my home team. nothing against them. and i hate louisville with a passion. but im sane man, i didnt expect no banner in rupp this year, or last. not even an sec title. maybe you should try to be more sane.

Don't take offense to ODM43, he's lost a lot os sensibility due to his debates with theVILLE:biggrin:

You have made very good points, and they have already been supported. Give me a point guard this year, and I give you a completely different team. If I blame BCG for anything, it was thinking that liggins could step in and perform at D1 level for that. IMO, go get a top JUCO PG to bring here next year. I have got to believe it would be an easy recruiting job, because whoever we talk to, you can offer them a two year starting job.
Messages In This Thread
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet? - by Stardust - 03-14-2009, 12:47 AM