Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Billy G lose his job after this season?
If you think about, UK is not the only school that doesnt get as many big recruits that it used to. There are other teams that are going through it as well. Top tier talented players are going to more mid major schools these days and thats why college basketball is getting so much better, you dont have the same teams dominating year in and year out anymore. The talent is more spread out now and thats why teams like Butler are able to beat the teams they have been beating. Also the coaching is better at those schools than it is at UK right now. Recruits didnt quit coming here because of Tubby, so dont blame it on him. He recruited players with heart and players that werent going to leave after one or two years, players that loved the game enough to stick it out and want to make themselves better. Thats why I hate when people ***** about UK not getting 5 star players, not many of them, actually very few stay longer than 2 years and they go into the NBA not ready. There have been exceptions, like Beasley, Rose, Mayo and very few others like them were blessed with the talent to make it to the highest level of basketball. Even if they werent that good, they still thought they were good enough to make it and didnt care about their college team, like Randolph Morris's *******. These players get surrounded by people that tell them oh you are good enough to go pro, forget about your college team and go pro, it makes me sick, because all these people care about is getting a piece of the pie. That, in a nutshell, is why UK and other schools like them are not getting as many top tier players as before. Yeah I know UNC has been getting them, but hes also a better coach than what UK has now. These players see how UK struggles under this guy and they shy away from wanting to come here. You fans are going to keep asking UK to get 5 star players and they are going to mess around and do it illegally and get in trouble, thats the next thing im waiting to see happen with this idiot. Before I finish here, I want to say this about Tubby, he didnt lose to the kind of teams that billy has in 2 years. You all say he couldnt recruit, well why is it that he never lost to teams like billy has, its because he actually knew how to coach and get the most out of his players, something this ******* cant do.
Messages In This Thread
Will Billy G lose his job after this season? - by Sports_Fan28 - 02-28-2009, 02:32 AM