Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region coach and player of the year??
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Ok not to bash anybody but someone please tell me what Josh Cook did that would deserve COY. He took a team that lost two starters and was one of the best in the state, he gained an ineligible player in Howard, they played the old type JBS schedule, he went out in the first round of the district, they never got a signature win agasint a top team, he got nothing out of the biggest player in eastern kentucky, he got nothing out of one of the better shooters in east ky, they played no defense at all, sounds like a coach of the year to me. Should be Hatcher got alot out of mediocre players, Noble, or Amburgey, I dont think Holland should get it this year, they lost one player that never played from last years team and they are not as good this season after being ranked preseason top 10.

Masterpiece, what rock have you been hid under this 14 th region basketball season??? Let me correct you on your post, if I may, Yes JBS lost two starters from last year's team in Short and Stepp, but how can you leave out the fact of the lost of Tate Cox transfer to KCC, a player of the caliber, that most have picked as player of the year, Zack Davis , transferred to KCC, and IMO would have at times been in the running for Freshman player of the year, plus two other freshman that play on KCC varsity. (This all happened before Coach Cook took the job at JBS.) Played in three tournaments, went to the finals in two ( runnerup in the 14th Region all A) and for your signature win was beating Johnson Central by 16 on their home floor , a team that beat one of the favorites in the WYMT Tourn. As for player of the year I will let the facts speak for their self, Brent Hall had 21 DOUBLE-DOUBLE games finishing with 15.5 rebs pg./ 16.9 ppg., Leading the state in rebounding and top 20 in field goal percentage .
Messages In This Thread
14th region coach and player of the year?? - by uk96 - 02-26-2009, 12:30 AM
14th region coach and player of the year?? - by KC 1973 - 02-26-2009, 02:34 AM