Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: A-Rod ADMITS to Steroid Use between 2001-2003
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Is that what you'd tell your kids if they came to you saying they were feeling pressured to take steroids, because if so then that is horrible and disgusting to even think about.

If you say otherwise, then you are just being hypocritical.

Some of the best baseball players never used enhancing drugs, so I don't see how it is believed that baseball has only survived because of it.

104 names listed in that report, last time I checked more than 104 players played in the MLB.

Hank Aaron, Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, Jack Morris, Craig Biggio, Pete Rose, Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken Jr, etc.

All are some of the greatest to play the game but yet they never had to take anything to enhance their performance.

By saying I don't blame A-rod for taking them I never said steroids are ok for kids to take. That isn't being hypocritical, my kids aren't highly paid professional athletes. They are kids. Steroids will affect them MUCH differently than they will a healthy adult.

Baseball's lifeline isn't roids. Steroids do not make a player, they help them. Baseball was around before steroids and always will be. The days of playing the sport for the sake of playing the sport are gone, however. Its all about the $$$ now.

I'm sure there are players that have done great things without performance enhancing substances. So? There's been players to great things while taking them. Steroids don't help as much as most people think. They are a great aid to athletes, but they will get you nowhere without hard work and determination.
Messages In This Thread
Breaking News: A-Rod ADMITS to Steroid Use between 2001-2003 - by blackcat_mc - 02-10-2009, 03:05 AM