Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House OKs $819B stimulus bill with GOP opposition
Old School Wrote:I agree the construction jobs they are talking about will take 1-2 years just to determine which bridges and roads to build or repair, then another 2 years to redesign what needs to be repaired. Planning for a new road will take 4-5 years, before construction ever begins. These projects will help create some jobs in the future but are not the help we need in the short term.
I'm going to guess that the road building and fixing will give more employment and more money out in the community which will, in turn, increase average spending on things and cause the need for more jobs, which will then more people will be able to fill, either when they finish fixing the roads and what not or just by other unemployed people.

And I would have to believe that there's jobs fixing roads and what not that won't require the amount of time that you projected because they won't be as complex.

I didn't vote for Obama, so that's all just speculation and hoping, but I hope that it was logical.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life