Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court rules cheerleading is contact sport!
phs1986 Wrote:What the world is coming to sweetie is FINALLY realizing that cheerleading is a full sport. I have had back strains, back sprains, busted nose, black eyes, busted lip, loose teeth, deep bone bruises, shin splints, ankle sprains, and the lasting effects are very bad knees and a not so hot back!! LOL.... Cheerleading is HARD work. I know that the situtation listed in the article is concerning a girl who was climbing and was dropped. Back when I cheered, having spot wasn't mandatory. Basically, if the base (that is the person who is doing the holding) didn't catch you, you fell... PERIOD! In about every mount or extension type of climb we did, I was the base. I have went down many times on the bottom under everyone to keep from my climber from getting hurt. LOLOL.... Believe me, they used to stand in line to have me as base cause they knew I wouldn't let them get hurt if I could help it. Cheerleading now is-NOT what it used to be back in the day. We used mini-tramps to tumble off of during games, threw toe-pitches, went 2 and 1/2 to 3 high without a spot in mounting during cheers ....... A LOT of precautions are taken now that were not in effect in years past.
Now I never said that I thought that Cheerleading wasn't a sport did I? Big Grin

I was saying What has the world came to, saying that cheerleading is a full contact sport thrown in there in the same category as sports such as Wrestling and Football.
Messages In This Thread
Court rules cheerleading is contact sport! - by Jshort5 - 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM