Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Jan. 21)
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I've got a problem with Pikeville being in there before Prestonsburg. That doesn't make much sense.

I think it makes perfect sense. I did rank Pikeville and not P-Burg in my rank list, and here's why:

Pikeville currently sits at 11-7, P-Burg at 9-7. They have played twice and split the two games.

Pikeville's best wins include a neutral-site victory over June Buchanan, and road wins at East Ridge and Lawrence Co. P-Burg's best win so far is over Betsy Layne at home.

Bottom line is Pikeville has the better overall record and better wins, thus the better profile. If you want to argue Pikeville not being in the top 20, I'll buy that argument, because they have not always played well this year. But I disagree with your assertion that P-Burg should be in ahead of them, they haven't shown me any reason to rank them up to this point. Still, we have to rank somebody in those last few spots, and in my opinion Pikeville deserved one of them this week.

Of course, that may all change by next week...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Jan. 21) - by More Cowbell - 01-22-2009, 02:56 AM