Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-year-old boy told he's too good to play baseball
phs1986 Wrote:CRAZY!! After reading the article the way it sounds they either want the kid to quit pitching to children within his own age bracket OR move up to a higher level and play with older children WHICH in turn could be dangerous for him! IMHO, you have to play the best to be the best and if they are facing this kid now and he keeps on excelling in his pitching abilities, imagine what he will be doing once he hits high school. EVERY team in the surrounding area will be wanting him, "players" included! It's sad that a child is hindered because he/she has talent.

But couldn't the same thing apply for the pitcher- "IMHO, you have to play the best to be the best"? Throwing a no-hitter to other 9 year olds every game might not allow him to improve at all or challenge himself.

Amun-Ra Wrote:Just another example of the wussification of America.
I agree, check out my posts from all along, but also consider my post above this one.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Messages In This Thread
9-year-old boy told he's too good to play baseball - by BFritz - 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM