Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15)
letthebighogroot Wrote:I disagree.......The lesson to be learned is, a team missing 2 or 3 starters (no matter the quality of the remaining starters is not the same team. Example, take Hatfield and Justice away from Valley. As for Henry Clay.......Again they barely finished above .500 last season, was only ranked on BGR, and will not win their region again this year. So, I guess the conclusion to make is that we can both make good points, it just depends on which side of the arguement you chose to take.

First off, it's not the same as taking Hatfield and Justice away from Shelby Valley. Those two happen to be SV's best two players, and losing your star players will always hurt worse. Walton, however, did have their best two players, D-1 signees Rice and Harrow, playing in that game. You can lose a complementary player and continue to win games. SV did just that last year, when Taylor Newsome went down for the year. Even with the loss of a starter, Valley went on to take 3rd place at a prestigious New York tournament, then took eventual region champ Paintsville into overtime before losing.

As for Henry Clay, you are arguing using last season's results, I'm using this season. A season where they beat Christian County, and only lost to Bryan Station by 5. I agree that they will not win their region this year, but then a lot of teams would have trouble winning that region, considering it includes top teams such as Scott County, Bryan Station, Paul Dunbar, and Lexington Catholic. Heck, even Elliott might have trouble winning the 11th.

I really don't know why you're trying to discredit Valley's wins. One would think that fans from one mountain school would be happy for another mountain school to beat a big-city team and an out-of-state power, but I guess not.

Hopefully, if Elliott beats South Charleston, they will receive more respect than SV's big wins have earned them on here.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15) - by More Cowbell - 12-20-2008, 12:25 AM