Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15)
More Cowbell Wrote:My goodness... Rolleyes

I did not realize that a transfomation takes place during each Shelby Valley game. A formerly good team, suddenly becomes a bad team, after they lose to the Wildcats.

Example #1: Before last Saturday, everyone on here but the most diehard SV homers were predicting a loss to Walton. Seems reasonable, since they are one of the top teams in Georgia. Then, after Valley beats the pants off them, suddenly Walton never was that good after all. After all, they were maybe missing a couple starters, who were apparently much more important to the team's fortunes than the two D-1 signees who did play. Conclusion to make: basketball in Georgia is in pretty bad shape, if one of their best teams gets blown out by some no-good team from eastern kentucky.

Example #2: Before last Friday, most were predicting a close game against Henry Clay. Seems reasonable, considering they had already beaten a top 20 team in Christian County, and had only lost by 5 to a state title contender in Bryan Station. Then, after Valley beats the pants off them, suddenly Henry Clay is not that good after all. Heck, they must be one of the worst teams in the state to lose to SV. Conclusion to make: since Henry Clay is terrible, then by association Christian County and Bryan Station must be awful too. I don't care if they did give Holmes their only loss, why is Bryan Station even ranked?

I guess I never realized that the lesson to be learned is this: if you lose to Shelby Valley, you were never that good to begin with. I bet Scott County hopes that they don't ever have to play SV, because if Valley were to pull an upset, everyone would finally realize how weak they are.

I disagree.......The lesson to be learned is, a team missing 2 or 3 starters (no matter the quality of the remaining starters is not the same team. Example, take Hatfield and Justice away from Valley. As for Henry Clay.......Again they barely finished above .500 last season, was only ranked on BGR, and will not win their region again this year. So, I guess the conclusion to make is that we can both make good points, it just depends on which side of the arguement you chose to take.
Messages In This Thread
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15) - by letthebighogroot - 12-20-2008, 12:04 AM