Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15)
letthebighogroot Wrote:I wouldn't call it the same boat..........Neither have played a solid team, one is ranked #1, one is ranked #6. Believe me, I know Elliott isn't number one in the state.... But when you have Jeffersontown ranked #1.............Ain't nobody can play the "competition" card!!!!!! As for jumping teams without them having bad loses.............I've seen a certain 15th team do just that........And I bet they will again....................

Again, tell me who in spots #1-5 should definitely be ranked lower than Elliott County? You can't, because those are some really good teams. You could say that Elliott has played just as tough a schedule as J-Town, but how does that translate to saying they should be ranked higher than them? I could see your point if you were arguing that J-Town should be lower due to their weak schedule, maybe they haven't proved anything yet. But why is it such an insult that Elliott is ranked #6? Can you say without a doubt that they should be ranked ahead of J-Town, Holmes, Scott Co., Bryan Station, or Dunbar?

And as for jumping teams, yes, a certain team from the 15th did move up in the polls. But you fail to mention two big differences in the two situations. One, SV had played a stronger schedule to date (Henry Clay, Walton) and deserved to jump some teams who had not performed as well so far. Second, the teams they were jumping were not of the same caliber as the teams still in front of Elliott. Notice that this mysterious "team from the 15th" is still ranked a couple spots behind Elliott as well. Now, if this team should somehow leapfrog Elliott (without them suffering a bad loss), then you'll have a legitimate beef.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Dec. 15) - by More Cowbell - 12-19-2008, 10:55 AM