Poll: Who wins this battle?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
79.33%
Breathitt
20.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County @ Belfry (3A Semi-Finals)
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I like your optimism.....but.....I, for one, don't think this team is better than last year's version. Especially at the Defensive Tackle and LB position. It's very difficult to replicate what Dustin May and Philip Hickman brought to the party.....those were two of the very best that have donned the red and white IMO. At the same time....I'm not convinced that Breathitt or Central are appreciably better than last year's version. Breathitt is still undersized up front and I believe our quickness on both sides of the ball will be significant.

As for Central...if Belfry's fortunate enough to win Friday....we can discuss next week.Big Grin

I think we are about as good as last year's team. I think our overall running game is better and Andrew has been really good. I think what made last year's team so special was that they were so good defensively from the start, and carried that throughout the season. This year's team is just now hitting their stride defensively, as evidenced by their performances the last two weeks. From all reports, I think Breathitt is better this year, but I agree with you Outlaw that their line is where Belfry will have an advantage, and in the end I believe we will be too much up front for them.
Messages In This Thread
Breathitt County @ Belfry (3A Semi-Finals) - by bucslover68 - 12-04-2008, 06:52 PM