Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons why UK is the best College Basketball team of all time.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The thread was about the best program of "all time," not the past 7-8 years. Kentucky is the best college basketball program of ALL TIME. I'm a die hard Kentucky fan, but I'm not one of those who thinks Kentucky is the greatest and can do no wrong. Kentucky is #1 in all-time wins, #1 in tournament appearances, #1 in tournament wins, #2 in National Championships, and #2-3 (I can't quite recall) in Final Four appearances. Now...North Carolina will surpass Kentucky in most wins before the end of next season, so what! No program has had the consistent success decade after decade that Kentucky has had. UCLA had a tremendous run under John Wooden, but what have they done since he left? One National Championship and 3 consecutive Final Fours, with what to show for them? Look at the numbers posted in the first post...since the 1940s, Kentucky has made a Final Four in EVERY DECADE!!! Name a program that can make that statement. Maybe North Carolina, possibly UCLA, I'm not 100% sure. They have appeared in 17 straight NCAA Tournaments. Yes, they have been 'down' the last few years by UK standards, but the last few seasons should not diminsh what coaches, players, administration, and fans have helped build overthe past 100+ years! Kentucky basketball IS college basketball, and forever it shall remain!!!!

Good reply
Messages In This Thread
Reasons why UK is the best College Basketball team of all time. - by Benchwarmer - 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM