Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Powell County
25.64%
Estill County
74.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12
Neersfan Wrote:I think that the sliding across the field incident occurred in 06,the 3-7 year. I was there that night and the boys were just excited about the the win. The first half of the season had been "the Tony Franklin Experiment" and the guyswere just getting comfortable and seeing the results of the Double Wing. It was a down pour and the field was a mess and kids being kids just began to run and slide after the win. It was not intended to be a sign of disrespect.

I remember. Trust me, as a player, when you get beat and are looking across the field and as time expires the other team runs and belly dives across the field you get very frustrated. We lost 20-0 in "Hurricane Hugo" moving through KY and the other coach did not want to play the next day because we were a high powered offense, and the conditions favored him. To me it was disrectful, they didn't shake hands first just slid. Now, the next year we had the same situation, except it was at our place. The only game we played in the rain, we had the team 28-0 at half. At the end of the third quarter it was 49-0 after a good talkin too from our head coach at half. With 2:00 minutes left in the game we called timeout. Our coach told us that we were "NOT" going to look like a bunch of" ***holes" and slide across the field, we were going to be respectful and shake their hands. He made us play with class and respect others win or lose. Didn't mean to write a book just wanted to let you know as a player when someone does that to you, it is disrectful, plus it tears up your field. Had to get that in there.
Messages In This Thread
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12 - by NIECE - 09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12 - by ♠573V3♠ - 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM