Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Powell County
25.64%
Estill County
74.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12
RuffBaller Wrote:i have been inattendance to all of Powell's games this year and what i have seen is good. They have improved tremendously since last year. I believe that those engineers will have a game on their hands, but i believe that those Pirates have three times the heart estill has and just as much talent. If Powell County comes out and lays it all on the line and plays their ***'s of then I think they will leave Irvine with a big W.

Powell--36
Estill--27

I know how excited Powell must be to be 2-0 for the first time, but the competition each have played thus far doesn't compare. Estill's defense is probably the best it has been since Jones started coaching here. Powell will not score unless something very strange happens or Estill puts in the JV. Their first two games have been over by half. Look for Estill to put 40+ on the board with the ground and pound, they already have close to 1000 yds rushing in two games. They are big, strong, and fast. I don't think it will be like 2003 when Estill scored every time they had the ball, but I do believe Estill's first test comes against a struggling Bobcat team and this will be Powell's first test against Estill. Powell has improved tremendously and I have respect for a couple of their coaches who work hard with what they have. Powell has some really fine boys on the team and so does Estill. I wish them both the best of luck and hope it is a good clean rivalry. It would be nice to see Estill and Powell finish 1 and 2 in the district with the schools being so close. But I pick Estill big, too much experience and a very improved defense. They will be in the QB's face all night IMO.
Messages In This Thread
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12 - by NIECE - 09-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Estill County vs. Powell County - Sept. 12 - by ♠573V3♠ - 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM