Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's go shopping: List of 2009 MLB Free Agents
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Yeah I know the Braves organization is on a down escalator to ****. They trade what talent they have away and get nothing in return. I mean my god, they just got Teixeira last year and traded him a few weeks ago. They are as bad as the Reds. I have been meaning to change my name on here but havent gotten to it and not even real sure if I can. I am a Red Sox fan for life so I guess I should change it to something to do with them.

Mark Teixeria was going to be a free agent after this season, the Braves where not going to have enough money to sign him back so they trade him and got a good, not outstandingly good, but good first baseman & a pitching prospect. So the trade will help the Braves in the long run. Another problem is that the Braves starting rotation cannot stay healthy. Smoltz & Hudson are better than most starting pitchers at their current age, when healthy.

IMO, the Reds don't know what to do with talent once they get it. Volquez won't last long. He will more than likely be a one hit wonder. The whole Reds organization is a curse, and I'm sure that Pete Rose had something to do with that curse.