Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday Church Services and High School Sports Practice
UKisN1 Wrote:Separation of church and state.

Please find that for me in the Constitution. Actually I bet without looking it up, you can't tell me what it says in the first amendment, in regards to "seperation of church and state".

The men who founded this country, founded it for all men and women of all religions to worship as they saw fit. However, it was meant to be ran on Christian principles and morals. And God and Jesus were meant to play a mojor role in every aspect of this countries every day activities and processes. If you want, I can start linking you some quotes from many founding fathers.

BTW, the seperation of chruch and state. Which actually states that congress shall make no law recognizing a religion. Means exactly that. Congress can't up and say, we all have to get our religious guidance from the Catholic Church in Rome, or Baptist ministries. It was meant to keep church leaders from gaining too much control over the government. Which is what Europe had gone through for centuries with the Catholic church. So that if a time came, and the President and Congress were saying we need to goto war with so and so. Some priest or minister has no power to step up and interfere. I'm sure everyone can see the problem that would arise if our government was telling us one thing, and for example, the Pope, who had been recognized as the main religious figure in our country, was telling us not to.
Messages In This Thread
Wednesday Church Services and High School Sports Practice - by Beetle01 - 08-11-2008, 10:50 AM