Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
adopted purple Wrote:I will be sending an email myself. I want to find out how London got the tournament two years in a row and how they go about choosing the city. In todays game the players and umpires were ready to play and it took five minutes for someone to come out and remove the tarp on the pitchers mound. The most unprofessionally run tournament I've ever seen. By the way Bowling Green / Warren County beat Lewis County 11-4 and will play Richmond tomorrow.

The got it 2 years in a row because the District who's turn it was last year, didn't field a team and didn't want to host it. So they said they would take it and if you take a tourney when it isn't your turn you do NOT loose your spot in the rotation. Therefore they got it again this season. Also it is up to the District administrators on what city in their Disrtict get to host the Tourney.
As far as S Laurel goes and the facility. I thought it was much more than good enough. The problem in my book was the Touney Committee and the DA. NO CLUE.
Messages In This Thread
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments - by OffTheHook - 07-26-2008, 09:05 AM