Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Gets Commitment from 8th Grader
There are two things that should be known about this recruit.

1) He is 15 years old. Now, I don't know about you guys, but that seems a bit old for a regular 8th grader. Sounds like he's held back a time or two. I was a sophomore in high school when I was 15 and have even had a friend who was a Junior in high school and was only 15 for most of the year. So let's consider his age, more than we consider his grade. The kid is going to be about 20 by the time he gets to UK.

2) I'm questioning how good this kid is. I have read that Gillispie met up with this kid while he was visiting Culver Academies in Indiana. Now, I know that Culver is TERRIBLE in basketball, I have visited this school, and personally know recent graduates. They are a prep school and their biggest sport at the school is BY FAR hockey. The varsity hockey team is so good that they no longer compete in the state championship because it's such a cakewalk for them; instead they let their JV teams play. But their basketball team is so bad that they are bottom of the barrel as far as basketball goes.

In other words, Culver's basketball team could easily be beaten by any decent team in Kentucky, so it makes me wonder how good this kid is if he's looking into going to Culver.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Kentucky Gets Commitment from 8th Grader - by ComfortEagle - 05-14-2008, 02:35 AM