Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 4 Cumberland 2 (Mid-South Conference Tournament)
Redneck Wrote:Not really. PC pitcher Jordan Compton is probably the best pitcher in the conference. His record may not show it but PC finally gave him a few runs to work with. If Jordan played for the Cumberlands, he probably would have got player of the year, lol.

You are exactly right. Not sure that he should not have gotten the Pitcher of the Year award anyways. I have seen every conference pitcher at least once and some multiple times. Compton is IMO, the best pitcher in the conference. He went into this game, with I think an 0-5 record, but his ERA was just slightly above 1.00. He throws every pitch from the same arm slot, whether it be his breaking ball, changeup, or fastball. Does not have blazing velocity , but is consistantly around 84-85 with the fastball. I knew that Cumberlands would more than have their hands full against Compton. All he has neeeded all season long was a just a little defensive consistancy and some run support. In this game, Pikeville was able to take advantage of several Texas Leaguers combined with a few Cumberland errors for the run support.

Congratulations to Pikeville on the win, but as of today they have now been officially eliminated from the tourney.

Tomorrow, Cumberlands will play Georgetown in the finals of the consolation bracket. The winner of that game will then play Campbellsville in the tournament championship game next Thursday.
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville 4 Cumberland 2 (Mid-South Conference Tournament) - by Mr.Kimball - 04-26-2008, 10:42 PM