Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat
transplanttiger Wrote:Good interview--thanks for posting that! I had to grin though when Slone said he had grown up during the "glory days" of UK bball! I guess the 90s were to the young folks, but to people like me the "glory days" meant the age of Coach Rupp.

Anyway I am still excited for this young man---playing at UK is the dream of just about every school age boy---especially those who live east of Lexington! Heart is something you can't measure----and Landon has a ton of it! Expect great things from this young man.

The Glory Days for me was in the last 80's early 90's. haha. It was a rough time, but I think it made UK what they were late in the 90's. Really Landon has a point by saying that, because the 1996 team was ranked as one of the top 2 teams in the history of the NCAA, and they came real close of 3 peating 96-98. I think UK basketball has been able to give every generation "Glory Days," and I think that is what draws so many kids to UK, because everybody, no matter what age, can remember a time when UK was dominant. I would have loved to see the Rupp days though. That would have been something to see.
Messages In This Thread
BREAKING NEWS: Landon Slone Now A Kentucky Wildcat - by JackRabbitSlim - 03-31-2008, 10:45 PM