Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 56 - Prestonsburg 54 - 58th District Tournament
BballFan25 Wrote:I don't know how many times you have seen him ref but he is one of the worst refs in the region and first of all I didn't care who won and I am definitely not a Prestonsburg fan but there is no way that call should have been made the Betsy Layne girl wasn't even trying that hard to get it up the court and not looking for a shot they were just willing to go to overtime. The refs are told unless it is an obvious foul they are not suppose to make that call. They are not suppose to figure into the out come but in the 15th region they find a way.
But it was a great game to watch anyway and how about the fans going after the ref and even pushed him and nothing was done to the Prestonsburg fan.
Wow, pretty bold statement against someone that has been selected to work the girl's sweet 16 this year.
And in your theory of what officials are instructed, what is an "obvious" foul?
By the way, great post Wyatt. As you said, it was made, jus so happened to be at a very crucial time of the game. It was what he saw, when he saw it, no matter the time remaining. Woulda made the same call in the 1st Qtr or the 4th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Betsy Layne 56 - Prestonsburg 54 - 58th District Tournament - by Ring'Em Up - 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM