Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School Tournament??
hootie Wrote:[quote=Blackflag]Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Belfry was on the verge of blowing Virgie out with a 17 point lead. Then the whistles come out and 5 out of Belfry's 1st 6 ended the game with 4 fouls, while Virgie's best player played 2 quarters with 4. He could have been called for his 5th on 5 different occasions.......

I honestly have been a critic of the Belfry basketball staff but after watching what Varney has to put up with from fans of other teams(not to mention his own) and the flat out HATE for Belfry by the rest of Pike County I feel he is doing a better job than ANYONE Hurley could put in there.

The Belfry/Dorton game should be a good one, both are evenly matched but after watching the officiating last night Belfry will be lucky to come within 10, because it is VERY OBVIOUS Belfry will get the shaft if possible. They will be playing 5 against 7.

It is clear that you nothing about basketball. If the refs cheated it would have been for Belfry. Mike Hall threw Doe Doe out of the gym for no reason. That was the game changer. Belfry is very aggressive and could have been called with a foul every time down the court.

Dorton will beat them.

At this level every team can be called for a foul down the court. I complained about 1 -2 calls all night so I have no problem with the officiating. I will give you this though, we were in more foul trouble against Virgie Saturday than we have been the entire year. Maybe it was nerves, I don't know.

Good luck to Dorton and I hope we have a great, clean, well called game and I would love for the winner to knock off Pikeville.
Messages In This Thread
Pike County Middle School Tournament?? - by NEXT - 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Pike County Middle School Tournament?? - by NEXT - 02-10-2008, 09:27 PM