Poll: Which is more likely to occur first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
African American President
52.94%
Female President
47.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman President/African American President?
In my opinion, we will know in 10 days, as I see whichever one (Sen Clinton/Sen Obama) is fortunate enuff to come out of next Tuesday's showdown as the big winner, will be in the express lane to the White House. I think there are too many negatives against the GOP this election year for them to win the Presidency in Nov, especially with not having a true force and frontrunner in the party this late in the season. Not to mention the fact of having to overcome the distaste so many Americans have for Pres Bush and his whole regime. Sen McCain looked to be in the driver's seat, but I think a recent remark about not giving in to the pressure of withdrawing in Iraq may hurt him more than help him. Absolutely, it is possible that whoever does end up with the Rep nom may be able to garner enuff support thru the summer to mount a major challenge to either Sen Clinton or Sen Obama, but as of now, personally I don't see that being the case. As for their ideal challenger, I would think the GOP would prefer Sen Clinton as the opponent in Nov. She would seem to have a larger "attack zone" for them to go after. And I don't think anyone would deny that Sen Obama is a heckuva speaker and could be one that could rally and sway the vote of thousands and thousands and thousands of supporters thru one 5 minute speech.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Woman President/African American President? - by Ring'Em Up - 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM