Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Well, it's always going to be opinions. I guess it's just who makes the best argument. I see what you are saying, but I think range would only matter in a game of horse. Most coaches don't want players taking shots from 25 ft on a regular basis. Your talking 6 ft behind the line. I mean A home run is the same whether it goes 1 ft over the fence or 100 ft over the fence, it's still the same home run. Just like a 3 pt'er is the same whether it's shot from 19'9 or 29'9, it still only counts 3 pts. That's why, IMO, having the deepest range doesn't automatically make a player the best shooter. It may be good for a game of horse, but 19'9 is all the range you need in high school. IMO, a lot more important things factor into being a good shooter. Like shot selection for one, you could be one of the best shooters in the world, but if you take bad shots your probably not going to shoot a good percentage. Which is the next thing, shooting percentage, if a player doesn't have a good shooting percentage from long range then he shouldn't be shooting that particular shot. The other night A. Crum was 10-13 from behind the line --- Wow! now that's a good percentage! and I'll bet of the 13 attempts 11 where excellant shots. Thats one of the reasons I think he is the best shooter in the region. # of shot attempts also plays a role, but that goes along with shooting percentage. A lot of people can hit 8 or 10 treys in a game if they shoot 25 to 30 of them. Anyway just my opinion! :Thumbs:
I don't really think you understood me.
I never said that being able to shoot from 25 feet made you a better 3pt shooter.
I said a thread on who has the deepest range would be better than this thread because there are to many tangibles to get a clear judgement of this thread.
Messages In This Thread
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains? - by uk96 - 01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains? - by uk96 - 01-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains? - by The Guru - 01-01-2008, 11:46 PM