Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 27 Belfry 17 - Louisville Central AAA State Champs
OK, it has to be said... Anyone who knows me knows I call it like it is; I'm a rather matter of fact kinda person.

The officiating tonight was horrible, worse even than the Ashland fiasco last year. It seemed sometimes that they were just blind. All 3 of #6's TDs shoudl have been called back due to illegal blocks behind the back. The passing TD to #5 was clean though, and was the best pass their QB threw to one of his own receivers (though he threw 3 nice ones to our DBs). There were holds left and right by Central's OLine. At least 3 encroachments that weren't called. The jumbotron PROVED it.

Call me a whiner if you want. Call me a sore loser. Yeah, I'm sore, because I don't feel this game was called correctly, and IMO it cost the best team the game. THE game.

In Central's favor though, #6 was the best RB Belfry faced all year. #52 and 24 were beasts up front on defense, and those 2 are the reason we only scored 2 TDs. Just had such a hard time getting past them. Never before has anyone manhandled our OLine this season.

But this game should have been 17-7.

Yeah, we should have gone for 2, but hindsight is 20/20. We should have passed more, blitzed more, run outside more, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm not disappointed in the Pirates: FAR from it! You boys played one **** of a tough game, and it's been an absolute joy watching you boys this season. I'll never forget you guys. I'm disappointed in the way the officials practically handed the game to Central, by not making obvious calls.
Messages In This Thread
Louisville Central 27 Belfry 17 - Louisville Central AAA State Champs - by Sarrr - 12-08-2007, 01:45 AM