Poll: Who wins it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
95.08%
Central
4.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship
Actually, I'd say that our best defense is our starting D, which has prevented over half the teams they've played from first half points this season. If we can make it to halftime with a 14-0 score, then come the 3rd quarter Central will fall apart. Even in our close games, Belfry has had an explosion after the half, or near it. Our kids scored twice in the last minute of the 2nd Q against Breathitt, which was just demoralizing (it WAS tied until that point). A 28 point 3rd was the nail in the coffin. Sheldon Clark stayed close in the regular season until a 21-0 3rd. Johnson Central gave up half of our points for that game in the 3rd. Belfry's always been a 3rd quarter team. Once our coaches see how the opposition lines up against the Pirates and can make some small adjustments, the boys come out and stomp the opposition after the half. It's been that way as far back as I remember.

I'm sure Russell remembers their championship season, they blew us away in the first half, but we came back and almost won the game in the 2nd half. Darned illegal motion rule shouldn't exist I say Tongue
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship - by Sarrr - 12-04-2007, 04:08 AM