Poll: Who wins it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
95.08%
Central
4.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I do think that alot of people are vastly underestimating how good Central is. This is probably the most athletic team in the entire state, and they will bring speed that we haven't seen at Belfry in a loooong time.

Instead of looking at the Johnson central score from Week 8 when they traveled 4 hours to play a team they knew very little about, it would probably be wiser to take the approach of looking at Week 11 when they played in Louisville against Highlands and should have beat the Bluebirds.

Fact of the matter is, Central played the state's toughest schedule and took alot of losses,,, regardless of how good you are, when you lose as many as you win, your confidence will reflect your outcomes. For the first time this season Central is able to play with confidence after stringing together 4 straight wins following that very close loss to Highlands.

We will need our A-game to beat Central... When Belfry isn't totally focused our tackling and blocking are the first things that suffers. If we don't tackle they will break looong plays off that we will be unable to catch them from behind, and their biggest defensive strength is their D-Tackles and LB's, they will cause us alot of problems if we don't block well.

I agree with you. You seem to have the inside track. They are very physical and big. We will definitely have our discipline as a team on our side also. Our coaches will have us prepared and as you said we will have to bring our A game. I do believe we will win but it will be an earned win not another blow out. Hey, a victory by 1 point is all it will take for a 3rd State Title!!!!
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship - by Pond Creek - 12-03-2007, 04:44 PM