Poll: Who wins it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
95.08%
Central
4.92%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Word of warning for Belfry fans: Don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Belfry will need to be at their best against Central. Forget about the JC/Central game....and forget about the Belfry/JC game. Central is big, fast and itching to make a name for themselves. While they've never been this far in the playoffs....and yes....nerves will be a factor at least coming out the gate.....they're definitely not to be overlooked.

In the eyes of the Central players...my guess is they think this one is a no brainer....in their favor. They've played a difficult schedule....played some historically strong teams very close....and despite Belfry's record...probably feel like they can take the Pirates. Belfry needs to come into this one with same nasty, smash mouth approach they've taken all year. IMO, Haywood is the REAL difference maker in this one.

I know it's hard to judge a team by comparing how they played against someone else an how you played against that team, but from what I saw on the JC/central film is this, after central got hit in the mouth hard a few times, they started walking on and off the field, walking in an out of the huddle, basically just gave up... I got news for Central, if they thought Johnson Central hit hard, they are in for a world of hurt, Because Belfry is by far a harder hitting team that JC...
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Central -- Class AAA State Championship - by kyr450 - 12-03-2007, 01:05 PM