Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
88.00%
Breathitt County
12.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals
Just some info for those from Breathitt and other places traveling to Belfry. Well considering the large Corbin contingent on the site, I feel it is only appropriate to extend a welcome to Belfry and our beautiful CAM Stadium!

Directions: Pretty simple, depending on whether you choose to come via US 119 North from Pineville, or Hal Rogers Parkway, it will be easy to get to the intersection of US 119 North and US 23 at Pikeville. Once you proceed towards Belfry on 119, please be warned to watch your speed... there is alot of road construction along the way and the State Police patrol the 23 mile stretch pretty heavy. Especially use caution in the stretch that is 2 lanes where the road construction is on going. The lines on the road can be confusing and traffic frequently is entering and leaving the road. You will ultimately pass the old Belfry High School on your left, after that it is approximately 2.5 miles to the new school. You literally cannot miss it, the school will be on your direct right and parking is ample.

Tailgating: Belfry fans tailgate every game, even scrimmages HAHA, feel free to brign a grill and socialize. You will find that us Pirate faithful take pride in being good hosts and love chatting football with fans of other schools. Just clean up your mess please.

Dinner: For those lookign for a bite to eat before or after the game, you do have a few options all within a couple miles. Off the top of my head: McDonalds, Arby'
s, Captain D's, Giovanni's Pizza, Hardees, (2 X Subway), Block and Barrell Subs, Long John Silver's, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell. Inside of downtown Williamson, WV (3 miles) you can find Starter's Sports Bar, as well as a few other local eateries.

Lodging: For those wishign not to make the trek back, you have a couple options very close. Super 8 Motel and the Sycamore Inn are both within 3 miles of the stadium. Pikeville has a large number of rooms.

Gas: Just a reccomendation, but gas is about 10 cents more expensive in belfry than Pikeville... fill up at pikeville at the Food City in the same plaza as Wal-Mart at the 119/23 Intersection.

Facility: CAM is without a doubt one of the nicest High School facilities in the state of Kentucky. The FieldTurf surface, coupled with a 3500 seat stadium with ample visitor seating, makes this place very visitor friendly. There is one main concession stand that also has very well kept restrooms in it. There will eb a mobile concession stand on the visitor side as well. There are seperate locker rooms for both the hoom and visiting team, Game Clocks in both endzones, and a very visible scoreboard. CAM Stadium IS Handicap Accessible with seats designed specifically for those in wheelchairs.

A couple things you need to know about CAM. SMOKING IS PROHIBITED, in the event of rain UMBRELLAS ARE PROHIBITED AS WELL. There is a slight chance of rain forecasted, if you need ponchos there is a shopping mall and a Wal-Mart within sight of the stadium. We also Ask you to please keep our facility clean and throw away the trash you accumulate during the game. BHS athletic teams and student organizations raise funds by volunteeering to the clean the stadium and this will really help these young kids out.

RADIO: WXCC, 96.5 FM, is the official home of Pirate Football and they do quite a good job. You will find Booby Norman does an excellent job of play by play, and the color man is Joe Kinzer. Kinzer has obvious bias, as with any color man, but he brings excitement and tries his best to use restraint unlike alot of high school color men. Considering this is the only game in the area, you can also pick this game up on 93.1 FM out of Pikeville. For those unable to attend, you cana ccess a live stream from WXCC online.

Once again we welcome all redhounds attending the game and hope you enoy a fine night of football!

And then this one too.

Quote:
I will agree with the other Pirate fans who suggested eating in Pikeville if you want a good sit down dinner. Since you apparently will be coming via Hazard and Route 80, that means you will be passing by Bob Evans (as you come into the outskirts of Pikeville, aka Coal Run), Reno's Roadhouse (right next to Bob evans), Applebee's (Intersection of 119/23, same plaza as Wal-Mart). If you want to venture into downtown Pikeville you will find Jerry's, Huddle House, and if you look especially hard a place called Chirico's that has some pretty good Italian Food.

I also forgot to include that at Belfry there is also a Quizno's, Dairy Queen, and Pizza Hut.

I had forgot about The Thoroughbred Steakhouse it is located on the hill next to the Mall, within sight of CAM Stadium. It also would be a solid option for a sitdown meal, they have a Hot Bar that has some pretty good food... it would be really quick to get the Hot Bar and the restaraunt itself is farely affordable. I personally don't care too awfully much for their steaks... but you will get full and it won't put you out of the way.

Once again, please have a safe trip down, be careful in the construction areas and trust me when I say WATCH YOUR SPEED IN PIKE COUNTY... haha

I borrowed this from another site. It is originally from EKUAlum05. I hope you don't mind. It is some good info.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals - by Crossbones - 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM