Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
88.00%
Breathitt County
12.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals
RedDevil_TE Wrote:As much as i hate to im going to half to take Belfry in this one, just basing this off of what i have saw, if Belfry can hold Johnson Centrals Shawn Grimm to hardly any yards at all i think that they will absolutely kill breathitt with their run defense. But on the flipside i know nothing about Belfry's pass defense. We forced Breathitt to go away from their favorite formation the Utah Option into doubles and making them throw the ball all game we held Breathitt to 87 rushing yards on 25 carries, but passing wise they had 215 in the air. I just dont see Breathitt surviving this one.
Sounds like Breathitt went back to what they have done well in years past when they needed the points. They do not have to run the ball much to win, the pass is good enough to keep the score close and the defense should be able to stop a one demintional offense, if not, then they do not deserve to go to Louisville. Breathitt is best when they spread the field with 4-5 receivers and not when they try gadget formations like the Utah Option. I know Belfry can stop the run, and can stop the pass to an extent, but Breathitt knows how Belfry plays and will run what has worked for them against the pirates in the past. It should be a close game IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Messages In This Thread
Belfry vs. Breathitt County- Class AAA Semi-finals - by Poseidon - 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM