Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church Group Opposes Bush Administrations Mine Rule Change
Old School Wrote:As I stated earlier, I think this is a clarification issue, not a rule change, prior to the last ruling by Judge Chambers mining was conducted in the same manner since the Buffer Zone ruling was enacted. Anti-Coal groups want the public to believe that this would open up a new world to surface mining, the truth is that it won't, it only will enable the coal industry to operate as it has in the past.
During the process of surface mining new drainge structures (same as Ephemeral Streams) are constructed, for example valley fills have Rip-Rap (rock) drainage ditches built down both sides of the valley fills next to the original ground line, or may have one built down the center of the valley fill, other ditches are built near the original ground line at the outcrop of the coal seam to divert the water to these valley fills, on bench ponds are also built to help control water run-off. After mining has been completed more Ephemeral streams have been created than was removed during the mining process.

Are you saying that coal companies have been operating outside the current laws and that they are simply lobbying to get the law changed so they won't be in violation any longer?
Messages In This Thread
Church Group Opposes Bush Administrations Mine Rule Change - by DevilsWin - 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM