Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Trades Thread: Post all Reds Trades Here...
jammin' jamey Wrote:The Phil Dumatrait experiment is over. He was sent to Louisville today after another horrible start. The Reds have brought back Kirk Saarloos. Hopefully, Saarloos can at least get someone out. Last time up, he failed to retire the last 10 hitters he faced and according to the Reds, he will not be starting.

Victor Santos has also been sent to Louisville and cleared waivers. I'm hoping that the Reds run out Johnny Cueto Saturday in the rotation. Cueto is at Chattanooga, but has been at Louisville this season with success and the Reds are high on him. Matt Belisle is also at Louisville and may be brought back to spot start.

Poor Dumatrait. I honestly felt sorry for him last night, it seemed like he had no clue how to get major-league hitters out. Hopefully he will go down to Louisville and learn some kind of out pitch.

As far as Saturday, my money would be on Belisle. He has been down the required number of days and I think he would be the best choice. I am also very high on Cueto, but I'm quite not sure he's ready for the big time yet. He's barely been at Louisville very long.

On a side note, I wonder what the situation is with Bailey and his groin pull? It sure seems like he's been out a long time.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Reds Trades Thread: Post all Reds Trades Here... - by More Cowbell - 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM