Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Trades Thread: Post all Reds Trades Here...
More Cowbell Wrote:OK, I know what you mean now. I think the term you were looking for is situational hitting, which could also include hitting the ball to the right side to get a guy from 2nd to 3rd with less than two outs.

I still say you can't expect him to be more productive than Dunn at such a young age. Look back up a couple posts at Dunn's stats for the year. Do you really think Bruce would put up those kind of numbers in his first year? Eventually, yes. Next year, no.

Thanks for the help BTW! I don't really expect him to produce in the same manner as Dunn. I don't expect that amount or even near the amount of homers but better "situational hitting" and defense. Man, it absolutely pains me to see Dunn in the outfield. It is not the MAIN reason but it contributes to reasons. He has LOST MULTIPLE games because of his slow, stupid defensive tatics. He does deserve the credit for the home runs and RBIs but the team needs to build for the future by bringing Bruce to that position and letting him start making those different contributions to the team that Dunn fails to do.

To wrap up. I say Dunn should leave in the offseason (money) and Bruce should begin his learning.
Messages In This Thread
Reds Trades Thread: Post all Reds Trades Here... - by Scotty doesn't know - 08-09-2007, 02:09 AM