Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last game ever at Johnson Central's Paul Fyffe Field
The Guru Wrote:I remember one time around 1979, I was in Daytona. I walked into a Market wearing a shirt that said Paintsville, when an elderly local came up and asked, "Paintsville.....is that Paintsville, Ky.?" When I said yes, he said..." They have a real good minor league team".
At that time, I was shocked that anyone outside of Eastern Ky. had even heard of Paintsville.
When you consider that not only the minor league players that have been on that field, but the High schoiolers that went on to play at higher levels, including the highest and also, that TWO, Hall of fame coaches have called that field home, I would say it is definately the most storied field in Eastern Ky.!
I remember once being in Myrtle Beach around 1981 and I also was wearing a shirt that had Paintsville, Kentucky written on it and some guy came up to me and asked if I was from Paintsville . I told him so, and he went on to state that Paintsville is the hometown of Johnnie LeMaster, isn't it? Just goes to show how much baseball spawned recognition to our town and county.
Messages In This Thread
Last game ever at Johnson Central's Paul Fyffe Field - by Mr.Kimball - 06-01-2007, 01:55 AM