Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last game ever at Johnson Central's Paul Fyffe Field
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Uhhh, the math that I use says that 2007-1968=39 years, and that same system of math that I use is taught at the same place where I believe you learned your math at Big Grin so, I think that 40 years works out pretty well for that comment. Would you not agree?

What other field would you think would be more historic? Perhaps a dumb question on my part, but just wondering which one you think might be. I have been to several places all up and down the eastern seaboard playing baseball and when the fact is mentioned that I was from Paintsville, Ky. , the comment comes back as "that's where they have that minor league field , isn't it?" You may not believe that but it has happened more than once. People may not realize that it was at Johnson Central High School, but they do indeed remember something about a field in Paintsville , Kentucky. I doubt that there is any other field in this area that brings up a recollection similar to that.

Nope, 39 doesn't = 40, actually it is 365 days short. And I would be careful using that number system. Just ask ...never mind. Big Grin J/K (Couldn't resist) I am not putting the place down one bit, I LOVED playing there. And yes I could tell some stories about that field as well. Yes it has some History. But, to say it is the most "Historic". I am sorry, I don't feel it is. JMO.
Messages In This Thread
Last game ever at Johnson Central's Paul Fyffe Field - by OffTheHook - 06-01-2007, 01:01 AM