Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell vs. Lee
#1piratefan Wrote:Lee county played a terrific game, I agree. My bad about Spangler too, I seen him there and thought he was in the line up . I was busy talking with Monroe at the time I spotted him. As far as me worrying about Varney...he is the Coach of the pirates ( does a fine job) but if it wasn't for the community,kids, parents, and the program he would not be in a Coaching position. Not in Powell County or any place else. It is the kids, schools and the programs that ( and more) that make the need available for a Coach. All Coaching staff dedicate many hours to develop what they have ,where they are. The players as well put forth a lot of time. Not just 10 players or so, but all do. As far as what could another player (such as Mastin) do? He is more use to a slower pitching as what was seen last night and MAY have been able to do something different. You see younger players being played all the time. Just because they are not Juniors or Seniors doesn't mean they can't do as well or sometimes even better. Yes, The ball was hit well and it was caught well ...on the fence as you said. Powell needed a base hit though not one on the fence or trying for over.
As far as whining and haters ? This happens to be a free site that is open to ALL opinions this is JMO. As a coach you should be use to opinions. Whining? Whose whining...I have not a kid that plays for Powell any longer. Therefore, I have nothing to whine about. I support Powell County, the players, school and Varney. This is my choice. Just as it is my choice to state my opinion. It is your choice to read it. No one is making you. I am sorry if you feel affended. I felt sorry last night after a tough loss as well for the Pirates. After all...those are the ones I support.
Thanks for your support, but I am not a coach. I just think that any problems that you or anyone has with the team or the players, the issues should be brought up with the coach not on a free web site. If you were a true fan of Powell County, you would post things like this and should put the team and the starters under the bus after one loss. The team will be OK and Coach Varney will handle any problems.
Messages In This Thread
Powell vs. Lee - by YouNeverKnow - 04-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Powell vs. Lee - by stroked - 04-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Powell vs. Lee - by numba1 - 04-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Powell vs. Lee - by #1piratefan - 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Powell vs. Lee - by JustTrying - 04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Powell vs. Lee - by #1piratefan - 04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Powell vs. Lee - by JustTrying - 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Powell vs. Lee - by #1piratefan - 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM