Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith on Mike & Mike in the Morning @ 8:05 AM
I didn't listen to it, but Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio summed it up like this on TCP.

I would just remind folks that they ought to listen to the clip to hear it in context. Tubby was asked about Final Fours and his comment that "they dont matter" was in reference to saying what really matter is winning championships. He did not say it in the context of meaning he doesnt want to go to Final Fours, but that a championship is what is most important.

He also took up for the fan base, a fan base that has recently gone after him. He said that their expectations were understandable and that he wanted to meet them.

Think what you will about Tubby and whether he should be the coach....but dont twist his words in an effort to make him look bad. He gave a good performance this morning....one of the best I have ever heard a notoriously media-shy individual make. He came out and did not do what many would.....he talked about how expectations here should be high and took up for the fan base. I thought that showed a great deal of class, especially considering the last few weeks.
Messages In This Thread
Tubby Smith on Mike & Mike in the Morning @ 8:05 AM - by alfus21 - 03-06-2007, 05:53 PM