Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams
Lawrence Wrote:First of all, you must have no knowledge of sports whatsoever if you are willing to say that rankings mean NOTHING at all. They have meant everything up until this point in the season. If it wasn't for the rankings, how would we determine the seeds in the district tournaments. Yes, rankings don't mean a thing now because this is March Madness and as we all know anything can happen. But the fact of the matter is that coming into this tournament, Magoffin should be the favorite to win and should be ranked above the other teams. That's all I am trying to say. No one said ANYTHING about Magoffin not being able to get beat. Any team can get beat on a given night. Since when is using a metaphor to compare two things not using common sense. What I said was an accurate statement. Don't try to tell me that it was ridiculous just because I made a comparsion between two things which are related whether you like or not. As for the Magoffin and Pike Central game two years ago, I really can't comprehend how you determine that 8 points is a blowout. I think you need to start reading my posts and understand what I am trying to say. Magoffin County CAN be beat and upsets CAN happen during this time of the year. Everyone already knows that. The ONLY point I am trying to make is that going into this tournament, Magoffin County is the #1 team in the 15th region. Make all the arguments you want, but you can't deny the fact that Magoffin has the better record and is ranked ahead of Pike Central in every legitimate poll there is. Until Pike Central wins this tournament, they should NOT be ranked above the Lady Hornets.

well for one im sorry but i meant that rankings meant nothing as of now just as i stated records as of now also...MC was being blown out by PC they had a double digit lead for ummm about 75 percent of the game...and to say i have no knowlege of sports you have no idea what i know about any sport i can hold my own with nearly anyone on 15th region sports for my era...and actually some ppl have beated around the bush by saying that no chance that MC will not win the region...and maybe you need to go back to school b/c by comparing NCAA basketball and high school basketball it is not a metaphore but is an analysis...and to be completly honest there are no legitamate polls in the view of our society...If we go on records the MC is #1 but if you go by watching two teams then you KNOW that they are evenly matched...that is why ranking these teams is ridiculos...EKB can have their rankings, you can have yours and i can have mine the chances are not one of us will agree totaly...
Messages In This Thread
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by NYY10 - 03-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by mcfan1 - 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by mcfan1 - 03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by 15thRegionSlamaBamma - 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM