Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:EVERYONE LORD HAVE MERCY...rankings mean nothing so whats w/ the arguing...MC or PC could get beat at any time a number of things could happen...throw away all the records throw away past seasons and for the sake of basketball stop comparing college to high school its ridicuols...MC is a great team PC is great team and we all know that there is NOT a big gap between the two...they are nearly evenly matched teams...Lawrence you say use common sense i tell you that ur not going to change any ones mind by saying look at the records and by comparing them to an NCAA D-1 program thats not using knowlege that is showing you watch ESPN and can compare and contrast two totaly diffrent levels of basketball...upsets happen every day...if I was MC i would want ppl to b "overlooking" (i use that term losely) me in this tournament...MC fans say give respect where it is due, from what have seen this year ppl give MC more respect than anyone on this site...we all know that Ashley Jade and MC are great but by you saying no chance that they COULD get beat is ridiculos that is not using common sense that is having a Heart for your team...i think MC has an equal shot as PC but so does Valley, Belfry, ER, PBurg, P-ville and BL that is why this tournament is played...if records mattered right now MC would be going to state but as we say 2 years go MC came in as a highly favorite and got blown out of the gym by Pike Central...or even better last season NOT ONE district champion came out of the boys first round...so take these ranking as motivation and not a cheap shot at a team...

First of all, you must have no knowledge of sports whatsoever if you are willing to say that rankings mean NOTHING at all. They have meant everything up until this point in the season. If it wasn't for the rankings, how would we determine the seeds in the district tournaments. Yes, rankings don't mean a thing now because this is March Madness and as we all know anything can happen. But the fact of the matter is that coming into this tournament, Magoffin should be the favorite to win and should be ranked above the other teams. That's all I am trying to say. No one said ANYTHING about Magoffin not being able to get beat. Any team can get beat on a given night. Since when is using a metaphor to compare two things not using common sense. What I said was an accurate statement. Don't try to tell me that it was ridiculous just because I made a comparsion between two things which are related whether you like or not. As for the Magoffin and Pike Central game two years ago, I really can't comprehend how you determine that 8 points is a blowout. I think you need to start reading my posts and understand what I am trying to say. Magoffin County CAN be beat and upsets CAN happen during this time of the year. Everyone already knows that. The ONLY point I am trying to make is that going into this tournament, Magoffin County is the #1 team in the 15th region. Make all the arguments you want, but you can't deny the fact that Magoffin has the better record and is ranked ahead of Pike Central in every legitimate poll there is. Until Pike Central wins this tournament, they should NOT be ranked above the Lady Hornets.
Messages In This Thread
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by NYY10 - 03-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by mcfan1 - 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by mcfan1 - 03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams - by Lawrence - 03-05-2007, 06:59 PM