Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Pitino vs. Tubby Smith - The Numbers Don't Lie
alfus21 Wrote:That's awful and pushing pathetic to ever look on the bright side of Kentucky losing. The fact that some Kentucky fans want Kentucky to lose to make Tubby look bad tells me all I need to know.

I agree its pathetic that it has come to this. But its the reality of the situation. But I have remained patient with Tubby for last 3 years.. I no longer will support Tubby until he proves me wrong. Why should I? I support the players. I think the players would be better off with a new coach. Losing 4 of the next 5 would almost assure that we have. I am a fan of Kentucky Basketball and nothing will ever change that. But I am not a fan of man thats paid 2.5 million dollars (More than 90 percent of working Americans make in a life time) and doesn't have the ability to get his teams to play hard and with passion. He is set for life financially. While most of us will struggle just to make ends meet. Why should I feel sympathy for him?

I don't understand what everyone sees in Tubby! How much more time does he need to turn this around. Fans have a right to be upset. They pay his salary. And no, I don't have unrealistic expectations. But I do expect us to be good enough to beat a ranked team at least once per season. I mean I know there is parity in the game today. But I mean teams like Oral Roberts, Marshall and UL have beaten ranked teams. We simply haven't.

Listen guys, I have nothing against fellow UK fans. I'm glad you all bleed blue with me. By why wouldn't you want whats best the program. I think a coaching change would be best for the program right now.

Deep down inside I hold on to hope that UK and Tubby will somehow turn this around and will make a final four run. Then I turn on another game and its the same old unenthusiastic and lethargic style of play. It's just getting old. We can't win them all but at least give it your all. You can't say this team is actually playing to the intensity and passion they are capable of. And, whos to blame? I point to no other person than the coach.
Messages In This Thread
Rick Pitino vs. Tubby Smith - The Numbers Don't Lie - by torQQue - 02-17-2007, 08:38 PM