Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David School Refusing To Play Ac In Espn The Mag!
Tricky Wrote:Are you saying that white people can't be descriminated against?
Because if you are, then you need to get out of eastern Kentucky. Try working in Detroit, Toledo, Chicago, Dayton, Philly and New York. Go on vacation to New Orleans and get outside the police patroled district.
First of all we need to clarify a few things. This isn't about minorities; it's about black's saying that they are feeling repressed by the school having a Rebel and a Rebel Flag for as it's mascot.
When you say minorities you include too broad of an area of the human race. I personally dont think that the Cubans are offended by the Rebel Flag

First let me say this I want AC to keep its flag and its colors, I could care less if they played Dixie at ball games. I am not offended by the flag at all, but I can say the same thing about the Nazi Flag. I am neither black nor Jewish. I am a closet historian; I collect Military items from both World War II and the Civil War. My favorite restaurant is Mosby's is Wise Va, and if you want to see real confederate and rebel history go have dinner there, I recommend the Jefferson Davis prime rib.

However you are making the case that people feel discriminated or unsafe when in the minority. Are you saying that you wouldn't feel safe in a gym named after Martin Luther King, or Malcolm X? You are making the very point that the opponents of the school flag are saying, a minority finds it offensive and intimidating.

Your post mentions only one city in the south New Orleans, a city which I love an after I retire I would consider to one day maybe call my home.

I have been to several of the places that you mentioned, including going on vacation in New Orleans, during the essence festival where over 125,000 African American come to celebrate black culture and music. And trust me we went to the non patrolled areas as well and I have never felt so welcomed by a city and its people as I was in New Orleans. I returned to New Orleans this summer after the devastation of Katrina, I was there for two weeks and I pretty well covered most of the city, and I saw a great deal of discrimination, I saw our Government failing to help whites, blacks, Hispanics and any other race or culture. The only hate that I saw was pointed toward FEMA and its failure.

The David School not playing AC is just one more example of our country
moving in a more political correct direction, one where we are afraid to hurt someones feelings.
Messages In This Thread
David School Refusing To Play Ac In Espn The Mag! - by Doc Holliday - 01-14-2007, 01:42 PM