Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Johnson County become another Mercer County, WHAT IF?
Kayaker Wrote:The possible consolidation of JC and Paintsville is light years different than the consolidation of Mercer and Harrodsburg.

Harrodsburg was loaded with talent and a # of good quality players. Paintsville on the other hand, has possible only 2 players that could make an immediate impact, and that would be Corey Humphery as a wideout and Nehemiah Doderer in the secondary. Other than that, Paintsvilles players would just add to the roster. Not going to make JC a front runner for a State Title.
This is where we really disagree!!! Humphrey IMO would be better suited at the corner with Doderererer getting touches on offense.
Paintsville's D this past year would have looked like this for me.
DE Casey Brown
DE Justin Meek
T Brandon Hensley, Kevin Osborne
T Robert O'brian, Billy Slone, Clay Blanton
NG J.J. Hensley
LB Kyle Sublett
LB Bucky Bailey
C Daniel Pugh
C Corey Humpfrey
FS Tyler Deaton
SS Shane Cantrell
Cody Reynolds (if had stayed healthy) would have been everywhere!!! DE T NG LB.
JMO, but T would have been my only weak spot, but I would have them getting in different positions the whole game, Heads up, inside gap out side gap, pinching the C all sorts of different things. If I was pretty sure the offense was going to run to a certain side....I might even have both Ts on that side, and bring my SS up to another LB to fill the void!
Nope....my son would not have been starting at corner for me. Heck....he probably wouldn't have played for me and just run cross country!
Actually....I kinda like my D.....I would have still had players like Pat Butcher, Hunter Preston, Bryan Walker Jake Cyrus, Nehemimer Doderererer and others to get plenty of reps and change up the D somewhat, but this would be my main D.
Messages In This Thread
Could Johnson County become another Mercer County, WHAT IF? - by The Guru - 01-02-2007, 06:01 AM