Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer 15 Russell 12 2A State Championship
Congrats to the Mighty Mighty Red Devils!!:letsparty You guys played awesome. I believe that Mercer played well and deserved a lot of the hype they received prior to the game. I also think that Russell showed that they were the defending state champions for a reason. IMO Russell outplayed Mercer, however, Mercer won the catagory that mattered most. Russell made too many turnovers trying to force things and make big plays trying to keep up with Mercers big plays so in that sense Mercer "forced" Russell a little out of their game. Mercer took advantage of the Russell miscues by intercepting the ball and striping the ball causing fumbles. Mercer had excellent speed (:omg: those running backs were fast :yikes: ). I also think Mercer got a very lucky call on their first touchdown. The QB fumbled, the Mercer player recovered and crawled into the endzone. My son was in the pile and saw it. Unfortunately for Russell fans, the refs didn't see it so the touchdown stood. Too bad but that is part of the game. Russell still had opportunities to win the game but did not get it done. IMO Mercer was a more explosive team, Russell outplayed them today as a whole, BUT Mercer is a deserving State Champion.

It was a wonderful game and both teams need to be congratulated.:Clap:.

Mercer, welcome to the state title fraturnity, good luck next year in whatever class you'll be in (5A/6A).
Messages In This Thread
Mercer 15 Russell 12 2A State Championship - by RedDevilStXIUFan - 12-01-2006, 10:49 PM